The US Tough and Smart National Security Act seeks to reform cyber security policy to prevent cyber attacks, protect privacy and civil liberties, and avert catastrophic cyber incidents.
The Act would strengthen US national security.
- Armed Forces and National Security
- Intelligence activities, surveillance, classified information
- Military operations and strategy
- Military personnel and dependents
- Veterans' medical care
- Veterans' pensions and compensation
- Right of privacy
- Drug trafficking and controlled substances
- Violent crime
Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) (pictured above)
On January 25, 2011, the bill was introduced and referred to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.