The Personal Data Privacy and Security Act intents to prevent and mitigate identity theft, to ensure privacy, to provide notice of security breaches, and to enhance criminal penalties, law enforcement assistance, and other protections against security breaches, fraudulent access, and misuse of personally identifiable information.
- Crime and Law Enforcement
- Administrative law and regulatory procedures
- Business records
- Civil actions and liability
- Computer security and identity theft
- Crime victims
- Criminal investigation, prosecution, interrogation
- Criminal procedure and sentencing
- Department of Justice
Sen. Patrick Leahy (VT) (pictured)
This bill was introduced on June 7, 2011 and has been referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.On September 22, it was placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 181.
Text of the Bill
Log in to your member account to unlock the premium content on this web page.