The Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011 intends to enhance public safety by making more spectrum available to public safety entities, to facilitate the development of a public safety broadband network, to provide standards for the spectrum needs of public safety entities, and for other purposes.
- Science, Technology, Communications
- Administrative law and regulatory procedures
- Emergency communications systems
- First responders and emergency personnel
- Government investigations
- Government trust funds
- Internet and video services
- Licensing and registrations
- Telephone and wireless communication
Sen. Joseph Lieberman
The proposed Broadband for First Responders Act was introduced on May,19, 2011 and has been referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
Text of the Bill
Log in to your member account to unlock the premium content on this web page.