ebXML (Electronic Business using eXtensible Markup Language) is a modular suite of specifications that enables enterprises of any size and in any geographical location to conduct business over the Internet. Using ebXML, organisations have a standard method to exchange business messages, conduct trading relationships, communicate data in common terms and define and register business processes.
Value of ebXML
Provides the only globally developed open XML-based Standard built on a rich heritage of electronic business experience. ebXML
- creates a Single Global Electronic Market
- enables all parties irrespective of size to engage in Internet-based electronic business. Provides for plug and play shrink-wrapped solutions.
- enables parties to complement and extend current EC/EDI investment expand electronic business to new and existing trading partners.
- facilitates convergence of current and emerging XML efforts.
ebXML was started in 1999 as an initiative of OASIS and the United Nations/ECE agency CEFACT. The original project envisioned and delivered five layers of substantive data specification, including XML standards for:
- Business processes
- Core data components
- Collaboration protocol agreements
- Registries and repositories
Other articles you may find interesting
Latest market rates